Texas Project FIRST (Region 9 ESC) resources related to Postsecondary Education for students with disabilities:
- The Future
- Academic Achievement Record
- Comparison of IDEA, Section 504 & Americans with Disabilities Act (pdf)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) - Accommodations
- Transition Resources
Texas Education Agency resources related to Postsecondary Education for students with disabilities:
- Transition in Texas (Region 11 ESC) - A project of the Texas Secondary Transition/Post-School Results Network in collaboration with the Texas Education Agency. This website provides information and Quick Links to important postsecondary education resources, including:
- Postsecondary Education for Students with Disabilities
- Disability Support Services in Postsecondary Education – Searchable database of information about the types of disability support services provided by colleges and universities in Texas
- Postsecondary Education & Employment – Indicator 14 Post-school Results
- Online College & Career Readiness Resource Center (Region 13 ESC) -See Lesson 15: Preparing Students with Special Needs for College and Careers
Affordable Colleges Online: College Affordability for Students with Disabilities - A guide to college financing for students with disabilities. Find expert advice on loans, grants and scholarships specifically for students with disabilities, as well as resources to help with the job search after graduation.
Association on Higher Education and Disability - AHEAD is an international professional membership organization for individuals involved in the development of policy and in the provision of quality services to meet the needs of persons with disabilities involved in all areas of higher education.
Certificate of Tuition Waiver for Persons who are Deaf - Here you can find the link to the Application for Certificate of Deafness for Tuition Waiver. The Certificate of Deafness for Tuition Waiver "exempt(s) individuals from the payment of tuition fees at any institution of higher education that uses public funds."
College & Career Readiness & Success Center (American Institutes for Research)
- Easing Transitions to College for Students with Disabilities
- Improving College & Career Readiness for Students with Disabilities (pdf)
College Living Experience - CLE programs are located near major college campuses and vocational programs to facilitate students and young adults in the transition to college and independent living. In Texas, CLE-Austin supports students attending various education and vocational certification opportunities in the Austin area.
Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights – Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
Educational Testing Services – Test Takers with Disabilities (How to request, common accommodations)
Heath Resource Center (George Washington University) - Online clearinghouse on Postsecondary Education for individuals with disabilities. Here you can access the “Advising HS Students with Disabilities on Postsecondary Options” Toolkit, a college and career planning guide for students and their families. See also: Accommodations in College
LD Online – College & College Prep resources for students with learning and attention issues
Pacer Center - ADA Q&A: Section 504 & Postsecondary Education
Pacer’s National Parent Center on Transition and Employment – This website features links to Postsecondary Education resources as well as information/workshop handouts for parents, students and professionals.
Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities
Texas Guaranteed Tuition Program – Information about the state’s prepaid tuition plans.
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board - THECB’s mission is to promote access, affordability, quality, success, and cost efficiency in the state's institutions of higher education. Resources include:
Think College - This website features a searchable database of post-secondary education programs that support people with intellectual disabilities, a discussion board and listserv, and other resources.
- Rethinking College (video) - This 25-minute film produced by Think College explores the growing movement to include students with intellectual disabilities in higher education.
Understood - Leaving High School (transition resources for students with learning and attention issues)
U.S. Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights & Responsibilities
- Transition of Students With Disabilities To Postsecondary Education: A Guide for High School Educators
U.S. News University Connection - Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
We Connect NOW - Website dedicated to connecting college students with disabilities in access to higher education and employment issues.
Please submit any Links you feel would be appropriate using the SHARE YOUR SITES link.