- Instructional and related service personnel collect and maintain records to chart the student’s progress and needs.
- These records can be anecdotal reports, portfolios, charts, criterion-referenced tests, teacher-made tests, interviews, student work samples, etc.
Who is involved?
- Classroom teachers
- Related service personnel (i.e. paraeducators, speech pathologists, counselors, etc.)
- Appraisal personnel
What is the timeline?
- Data collection should begin as soon as the IEP is developed and continue until the next scheduled IEP review.
- Usually progress is reported at the same time that typical students receive report cards, but this can change based on an ARD/IEP committee decision.
Grading & Progress Monitoring – Progress in the General Curriculum Network (Region 20 ESC)